31.3.09

International Food Evening


Only in Norway - going out in wellies, fake fur and a summer dress

Well there certainly was no sign of the sun last Saturday night at the International School's 'Here Comes the Sun' international food evening but there was plenty of scrummy, yummy food from all over the world. But not Ireland for some strange culinary reason - boiled cabbage and bacon anybody? Mmm, no thanks I think I'll go for that delicious Pakistani chickpea curry instead. Can't blame you.
I had a great night and came home with a hand-painted (by D1's teacher) wooden moose I bought at auction. Four glasses of wine - yes, I could still count - and I was feeling 'off' as late as Monday. I know a lot of effort went into organizing the event  and I felt a tad guilty that I hadn't helped out in anyway. Maybe next year, I'll offer up cabbage and bacon, with floury potatoes. Maybe.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

If I had told you 14 years ago you'd be pairing wellies and a dress for a social event, not consisting of a field in Glastonbury, you'd have me arrested by the fashion police...

On a similar footwear theme, now we know it's 'Luteal Shopping'

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/30/luteal_phase_spending/

Unknown said...

Alan, I know, I know, my glamour principles have been severely compromised by my Norwegian experience! I must point out however that I did change into a pair of five-inch platforms once I arrived. As for the luteal phase effect- I've blamed my hormones for a lot of things in my time but this is just fantastic. It gives my whole 'hostage to my hormones' defense a new and worthy application.

Jo said...

I have to ask - did you buy the moose due to the fact that you had drunk 4 glasses of wine?;)

Unknown said...

Joanne - you're onto something there. I got carried away bidding on two other moose (mooses?) decorated by my daughters' classes but luckily someone else, who had clearly drunk even more than me, outbid me. This one was a bargain in comparison and will serve as a nice souvenir of Norway - if we ever manage to leave.

Per said...

I think you look cute in wellies and fur.

Unknown said...

Well thank you very much Pete :)